It’s no secret that we LOVE sangria over here at SOIREE | CENTER and this light and refreshing version is pretty darn delicious! As we’ve mentioned in the past, it’s hard to give exact measurements for a sangria recipe because the trick is to always be tasting it as you go, adding a lil’ something here and there…you really cannot mess it up!
[What You’ll Need]
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Fresh watermelon
- Fresh thyme
- Fruit juice [we used apple juice]
- Ginger ale
[What to Do]
- Blend a quarter of one large watermelon or half of a medium watermelon with a heavy splash of apple juice and strain
- In a big pitcher, add strained watermelon juice, 1 cup of whatever fruit juice you are using [for this we used apple juice but you can pretty much use anything to add a bit of sweetness], and 3-5 fresh thyme stems
- Stir well and set in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate
- When you are ready to serve, pick out the thyme stems, add 2-3 cups of ginger ale, the juice from 2-3 limes, and the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc
- If it is too sweet, add another bottle of wine. If it’s not sweet enough, add more fruit juice. Just make sure to keep tasting and adding until it’s just right.
- Serve over ice and garnish with fresh thyme