It seems that the rose gold trend is keeping strong for the fall and we aren’t complaining! These strappy metallic stunners are the perfect way to incorporate this treasured metallic hue into your next SOIREE…
Earlier this week… these moody + delicious cocktails were featured on Green Wedding Shoes along with a star-studded team of vendors made up of almost entirely of SOIREE | CENTER Members. We’ll tell you ALL about the shoot later next week, but until then >> BEHOLD: our first [and definitely not last] attempt at working with activated charcoal.
[What You’ll Need]
- Activated charcoal
- Homemade blackberry-fig lemonade [directions below]
- Fresh lemons
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh figs
[What to Do]
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle a lemon wedge making sure to extract the oils from the lemon rind
- Add 1 dose [generally 520 mg or the contents of 2 capsules] of activated charcoal powder
- Add 1 1/2 shots of vodka and a heavy splash of blackberry-fig lemonade
- Add ice and shake well
- Strain and pour over fresh ice
- Top with a small splash of soda
- Garnish with fresh blackberries
- Add 4-6 fresh figs [stems removed and halved] with 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow this to cool and strain using a fine mesh strainer.
- In a blender, add 1 cup of fresh blackberries and a splash of water; blend until completely pureed and set aside.
- In a pitcher, add 1 part fig syrup to 3 parts fresh lemon juice.
- Add freshly pureed blackberries and slowly add cold water and taste as you go to get the perfect lemonade ratio to your liking.
- Strain and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN – go save your spot HERE
Sunday, January 14th, 2018
HERE @ the SOIREE | CENTER!
Anna Delores Photography has teamed up with some of the best vendors in Southern California to offer a new wedding styling workshop designed for photographers.
They will show you how to elevate the aesthetics of your image collection to delight your clients AND build fruitful relationships with fellow wedding vendors.
They are also including an editorial shoot component where you’ll have the opportunity to photograph a real bride and groom (not models, but a real couple!), a beautiful tablescape, and details like wedding stationery, bridal details, and floral arrangements to help build or expand your portfolio.
Topics that will be covered:
- Why syling is important for curated, cohesive storytelling
- Getting your ework published
- Building vendor relationships
- Styling kits for the wedding day
- Hot to “style” your clients
- Hands-on styling practice
Breakfast and lunch will be provided on the day of the workshop.
PARTNERS & SPONSORS
Vanessa Noel Events and Jenn Sanchez will be sharing their own tips for styling and their favorite photographer relationships; they are also putting together some beautiful editorial content for attendees to photograph. We’ll create “micro-styling” stations featuring models, stationery, and personal details (think shoes, bowties, etc.) to teach the specifics of photographing wedding day elements and help you build your portfolio.
- Vanessa Noel Events
- Jenn Chez Design
- Soiree Center
- Field to Table Catering + Events
- I Heart My Groom Films
- Rhianna Mercier for Anna Delores
- Party Pleasers Event Rentals
- Blushing Beauty
- La Rousse Shoppe
- Elizabeth MacKenzie Bridal
- Sophia Loves Letters
- Curio & Oak
- The Mrs. Box
- Opaline Atelier
The workshop fee is $825 and includes breakfast and lunch. Attendees should bring their own equipment to photograph the editorial shoots.
With cooler weather comes deeper color palettes and we LOVE us a gorgeous garnet-themed affair. This moody hue is both chic and timeless and can be incorporated in a variety of ways…
PC: 1. Rebecca Hollis via SMP | 2. Charla Storey via Green Wedding Shoes | 3. via Trumpet & Horn | 4. Lauren Scotti Photographer | 5. Rebecca Hollis via SMP | 6. Kimberee Miller Photography via Party Pleasers Blog| 7. Stephanie Brazzle via SMP | 8-9. Katie Shuler Photography via Green Wedding Shoes | 10. Shannon Moffit via SMP | 11. Cassidy Carson via SMP | 12. Charla Storey via Green Wedding Shoes
Sometimes a lady needs her a good ol’ glass of whiskey…and this “Ladylike” Mint Julep is the perfect combination of a classic cocktail with a woman’s touch. Aka: the perfect SIPPER [and we do mean sipper > > it’s almost all booze].
[What You’ll Need]
- Bourbon whiskey
- Angostura Bitters
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Mint
[What do Do]
- In a martini shaker, muddle a few mint leaves with 2 dashes of bitters
- Add a small splash of maple syrup [depending on sweetness desired], 2 shots of bourbon, and fill with ice
- Shake well, strain, and serve with a few fresh mint leaves for garnish