Earlier this week… these moody + delicious cocktails were featured on Green Wedding Shoes along with a star-studded team of vendors made up of almost entirely of SOIREE | CENTER Members. We’ll tell you ALL about the shoot later next week, but until then >> BEHOLD: our first [and definitely not last] attempt at working with activated charcoal.
[What You’ll Need]
- Activated charcoal
- Homemade blackberry-fig lemonade [directions below]
- Fresh lemons
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh figs
[What to Do]
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle a lemon wedge making sure to extract the oils from the lemon rind
- Add 1 dose [generally 520 mg or the contents of 2 capsules] of activated charcoal powder
- Add 1 1/2 shots of vodka and a heavy splash of blackberry-fig lemonade
- Add ice and shake well
- Strain and pour over fresh ice
- Top with a small splash of soda
- Garnish with fresh blackberries
- Add 4-6 fresh figs [stems removed and halved] with 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow this to cool and strain using a fine mesh strainer.
- In a blender, add 1 cup of fresh blackberries and a splash of water; blend until completely pureed and set aside.
- In a pitcher, add 1 part fig syrup to 3 parts fresh lemon juice.
- Add freshly pureed blackberries and slowly add cold water and taste as you go to get the perfect lemonade ratio to your liking.
- Strain and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving!